Robert D. Ricks
Senior Associate of the Firm
Mr. Ricks is a Senior Associate in the Riverside office and his area of practice emphasizes the defense of personal injury lawsuits arising from commercial automobile, bus and trucking accidents, premises liability and construction site injuries. Read Full Bio
Professional Experience l Professional Affiliations l
Professional Accomplishments l
Bar Admissions l Education l
General l Download Full CV
- 2009-Present, Senior Associate, Graves & King LLP, Riverside, with emphasis on common carrier and commercial premises personal injury defense
- 2006-2009, Senior Counsel, Jackson & Wallace, Santa Ana, with emphasis on commercial lines personal injury insurance defense
- 1991-2006, Supervising Attorney, Tucker & Ricks, San Bernardino, with emphasis on personal lines personal injury
- 1982-1991, Sole Practice, Robert D. Ricks, APC, Anaheim, with emphasis on civil litigation, business planning, personal injury and family law
- 1973-1982, Partner, Ricks & Ricks, Anaheim, with emphasis on civil litigation, business planning, personal injury and family law
- State Bar of California
- Riverside County Bar Association
- Leo A. Deegan Inn of Court, American Inns of Court
- Martindale Hubbell, BV rating
- Alternate Delegate, State Bar Conference of Delegates, Orange County Bar Association
- San Bernardino County Pro Tem Mediation Panel
- San Bernardino County Arbitration Panel
- Supreme Court of the State of California
- United States District Court, Central District, California
- Juris Doctor, (Cum Laude) University of San Fernando Valley College of Law 1973
- Bachelor of Arts (English), San Fernando Valley State College (California State University, Northridge) 1967
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award: Conflict of Laws
- Pepperdine University School of Law (Negotiation and Claims Settlement for Insurance Professionals, Institute for Dispute Resolution)
- Sergeant, United States Army [Vietnam]
- Vice-Chairman of the Board, Board of Directors, Anaheim Chamber of Commerce
- President, Anaheim Museum
- President, Anaheim Halloween Festival
Return to top
Mr. Ricks is a Senior Associate in the Riverside office and his area of practice emphasizes the defense of personal injury lawsuits arising from commercial automobile, bus and trucking accidents, premises liability and construction site injuries.
Throughout his career, he has represented individuals, common carriers, businesses and developers in all aspects of personal injury litigation and insurance carriers in uninsured motorist arbitrations. He has also practiced in the areas of business formations, business litigation and family law.
Mr. Ricks received his Bachelor of Arts with a major in English from San Fernando Valley State College (now California State University, Northridge) in 1968. Called to duty to serve in the United States Army between his second and third year of law school, his legal education was interrupted for a period for two years. After serving in Vietnam 1970-71, he returned to the University of San Fernando Valley College of Law in Sepulveda, California where he obtained his Juris Doctorate, cum laude, in 1973.
After years of practice in a small partnership and as a sole practitioner in Anaheim, California where he gained experience in the practice of personal injury, family, criminal, probate, business and corporate planning and general litigation law; was a member of the Orange County Bar Association and its Family Law Section and served as a delegate to the State Bar Conference of Delegates, he joined the staff counsel department of Farmers Insurance.
He remained at Farmers for a period of 15 years, where he served as a supervising attorney at its branch legal office Tucker & Ricks, in San Bernardino, California. There, he developed and implemented an integrated data base, calendar and word processing system; developed and implemented systems and protocols to streamline the large volume personal injury defense practice; performed an integral role in human resources matters and the training and supervising attorneys, paralegals and support staff as well as litigating commercial and personal lines personal injury lawsuits arising from motor vehicle accidents and premises liability.
While practicing in San Bernardino, he was certificated by Pepperdine University School of Law (Negotiation and Claims Settlement for Insurance Professionals, Institute for Dispute Resolution). Mr. Ricks also served on the San Bernardino County court arbitration panel, was a member of the San Bernardino County Bar Association, and was a member of the Joseph B. Campbell Inn of the American Inns of Court.
Most recently prior to joining Graves & King, Mr. Ricks worked as Senior Counsel for the firm of Jackson & Wallace of San Francisco at its Los Angeles satellite office in Santa Ana, California. There, his areas of emphasis included construction defect litigation and personal injury defense arising from commercial motor vehicle accidents, premises liability and construction site injuries.
Currently, he holds a Martindale-Hubbell personal rating of “BV”, is a member of the Riverside County Bar Association and a member of the Leo A. Deegan Inn of the American Inns of Court.
Return to top